Effective date: January 15, 2019
KanReach (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://kanreach.ca website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. You can learn more how to manage cookies in the Browser Cookies Guide.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
KanReach uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Canada and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
KanReach may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of KanReach
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google AnalyticsGoogle Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- AGREEMENT TO TERMS
By using our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by these Terms, do not use the Services and exit the Website immediately. If you are accessing and using the Services on behalf of a company (such as your employer) or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms. In that case, “you” and “your” will refer to that company or other legal entity.
- CHANGES TO TERMS OR SERVICES
We may modify the Terms at any time, in our sole discretion. If we do so, we’ll let you know either by posting the modified Terms on the Website or through other communication means. It’s important that you review the Terms whenever we modify them because if you continue to use the Services after we have posted modified Terms on the Website, you are indicating to us that you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by the modified Terms, then you may not use the Services anymore. Because our Services are evolving over time we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion.
- WHO MAY USE THE SERVICES:
You may use the Services only if you are 18 years or older and capable of forming a binding
- REGISTERED USERS
- Registration and Your Information: If you want to use certain features of the Website or provide Services through the Website, you’ll have to create an account (“Account”). You can do this via the Website or through your account with certain third-party social networking services such as Facebook, Google+ (each, an “SNS Account”). If you choose the SNS Account option we’ll create your Account by extracting from your SNS Account certain personal information such as your name and email address and other personal information that your privacy settings on the SNS Account permit us to access.
- It’s important that you provide us with accurate, complete and up-to-date information for your Account and you agree to update such information, as needed, to keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you don’t, we might have to suspend or terminate your Account. You agree that you won’t disclose your Account password to anyone and you’ll notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. You’re responsible for all activities that occur under your Account, whether or not you know about them.
- THE COUNSELLORS AND COUNSELLOR SERVICES
- The Website may be used to connect you with a Counsellor, however the Counsellor will not provide services to you through the Website, counselling services will be provided by the Counsellor of your choosing outside the Website (“Counsellor Services”). As the provision of Counsellor Services is outside the control of Website, Website shall be treated solely as a platform for interaction between you and Counsellor.
- We require every Counsellor providing Counsellor Services from Canada, on the Website to be an accredited, trained, and experienced licensed psychologist (PhD/PsyD), licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT), licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) or licensed professional counselor (LPC). Counsellors providing Counsellor Services from Canada must have a relevant academic degree in their field, at least 3 years of experience, at least 2,000 hours of hands-on experience, and have to be qualified and certified by their respective professional board after successfully completing the necessary education, exams, training and practice requirements as applicable.
- We require every Counsellor providing Counsellor Services from any part of the World except Canada to have recognized professional certification based on their state and/or jurisdiction.
- The Counsellors are independent providers who are neither our employees nor agents nor representatives. The Website’s role is limited to acting as an online platform developed and owned by the Kanreach which can be used by you to interact with counsellors by sending them messages over the Website. Website is not responsible for the quality of Counsellor Services provided by the Counsellor.
- While we hope the Counsellor Services are beneficial to you, you understand, agree and acknowledge that they may not be the appropriate solution for everyone’s needs.
- IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SUICIDE OR IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING HARMING YOURSELF OR OTHERS OR IF YOU FEEL THAT ANY OTHER PERSON MAY BE IN ANY DANGER OR IF YOU HAVE ANY MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY CALL THE EMERGENCY SERVICE NUMBER AND NOTIFY THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES. SEEK IMMEDIATE IN PERSON ASSISTANCE. THE WEBSITE IS NOT DESIGNED FOR USE IN ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED CASES AND THE COUNSELORS CANNOT PROVIDE THE ASSISTANCE REQUIRED IN ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED CASES.
- THE WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR THE PROVISION OF CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS REQUIRING AN IN-PERSON EVALUATION AND YOU SHOULD NOT USE IT IF YOU NEED ANY OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION OR APPROVALS FOR PURPOSES SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COURT-ORDERED COUNSELING OR EMOTIONAL SERVICE DOG CERTIFICATION. IT IS ALSO NOT INTENDED FOR ANY INFORMATION REGARDING WHICH DRUGS OR MEDICAL TREATMENT MAY BE APPROPRIATE FOR YOU, AND YOU SHOULD DISREGARD ANY SUCH ADVICE IF DELIVERED THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
- DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID, OR DELAY IN OBTAINING IN-PERSON CARE FROM YOUR DOCTOR OR OTHER QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE OF INFORMATION OR ADVICE YOU RECEIVED THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
- CONTENT AND CONTENT RIGHTS
For purposes of these Terms: (i) “Content” means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are posted, generated, provided or otherwise made available through the Services; and (ii) “User Content” means any Content that Account holders (including you) provide to be made available through the Services. Content includes without limitation User Content.
- CONTENT OWNERSHIP, RESPONSIBILITY AND REMOVAL
We do not claim any ownership rights in any User Content and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit your User Content. Subject to the foregoing, KanReach and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Services and Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Services and Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of Canada and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services or Content.
By making any User Content available through Services you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, license to use, copy, modify, and distribute your User Content in connection with operating and providing the Services to you and to other Account holders.
You are solely responsible for all your User Content. You represent and warrant that neither your User Content, nor your use and provision of your User Content to be made available through the Services, nor any use of your User Content by us on or through the Services will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
You can remove your User Content by specifically deleting it. However, in certain instances, some of your User Content may not be completely removed and copies of your User Content may continue to exist on the Services. We are not responsible or liable for the removal or deletion of (or the failure to remove or delete) any of your User Content.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable license to access and view the Content solely in connection with your permitted use of the Services and solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes.
YOU AGREE NOT TO DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Services or any individual element within the Services, Kanreach’s name, any Kanreach trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without our express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, our computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of our providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any our system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by us or any of our providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services or Content;
- Attempt to access or search the Services or Content or download Content from the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by us or other generally available third-party web browsers;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Use any Meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing our trademark(s), logo URL or product name without our express written consent;
- Use the Services or Content, or any portion thereof, for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services or Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services or Content;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
- Although we’re not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Services or Content or to review or edit any Content, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure compliance with these Terms, and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any Content, at any time and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider any Content to be objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Services. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
- The information contained in this Website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the Website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the Website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- In regards to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), Google is the “data processor” and this Website is the “data controller”, as such terms are defined under the GDPR.
- We understand the GDPR has robust requirements and obligations for both data collectors and data processors and we’re committed to use Google Firebase in a GDPR compliant manner. We’ve made our Data Processing Addendum(DPA) available online so that our users can be confident that their data is processed in a lawful manner.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this Website. Through this Website you may be able to link to other Websites/Apps which are not under our control, we have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the Website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the Website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- Please report any violations of the Terms and Conditions on our Website to [email protected].
- If there are issues with content infringing upon copyrights, trademarks, or any other intellectual property please contact [email protected].
- If you have questions or concerns about our collection and use of your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Contact Details: [email protected].
- By email: [email protected]
- By visiting this page on our website: https://kanreach.ca/contact